Historical Maps Committee
- Gord Beck (Distribution),
- Cheryl Woods (Advisor)
Terms of Reference:
- To preserve and popularize the rich Canadian cartographic heritage through publication of facsimile maps.
- A Standing Committee reporting to the Board of Directors through the Second Vice-President.
- Full members in good standing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To select historical maps of Canadian interest for reproduction as facsimiles.
- To obtain sponsors for facsimile maps; to arrange correspondence with sponsors, payment of fees and delivery of agreed-upon facsimiles after printing.
- To arrange for the photography or obtain negatives of the selected maps; to negotiate printing of the facsimile maps bearing the Association's logo and appropriate marginal information; to supervise printing and payment of the printer upon satisfactory completion of the print job.
- To arrange the storage and distribution of the facsimile maps to the financial advantage of the Association; to advertise and promote map sales as appropriate.
- To maintain records of sale, accounts and inventory in accord with recommendations of the Association's auditor or the Board.