Terms of Reference
- To ensure that elections are carried out properly and without prejudice, for the benefit of the Association, in accordance with the Rules of Procedure and sections 1.01 (i), 8.02 and 8.03 of the ACMLA By-laws.
Reporting Structure & Membership
- The Nominating Committee will be struck by the President each year, normally at least three (3) months in advance of the Annual Membership Meeting. Committee membership should include no fewer than three (3) members of the Association in good standing, at least two (2) of whom are not members of the Executive Board. The President will not attend meetings of the Nominating Committee but the committee will report directly to the President. Members of the committee are ineligible for nomination to any elected position in the year they serve on the committee. The Committee is chaired by the Past President.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Seek nominations for all offices up for election in a given year, and ensure that the nominators and candidates are members in good standing.
- Conduct an election in accordance with these Rules of Procedure, to be concluded before the Annual Membership Meeting. The election should be conducted in such a way that all voting members have the opportunity to participate in the election. Members should be provided with information about the candidates and sufficient time to cast their ballot. The time allowed may be determined at the discretion of the chair, with the goal of achieving the highest possible response rate.
- Count the ballots received, and notify the President of the results of the election. The President will then notify the Executive Board, candidates, and the membership.